Monday, January 24, 2011

Ah Dating

So, I've decided to give this online dating thing another try. I guess there is a part of loneliness that no matter how many cats you collect can not be filled. Yes, I'm up to two cats. Not by choice mind you - I'm a sucker. When an ex moves away and can't take the cat, what to do? We did get the cat together, so I guess that makes me half responsible for the little pain in the ass's upbringing. However, that being said, now that I'm the full custody parent you think i'd be getting my monthly support checks. This little, ok, 20 pound cat is eating me out of house and home. Truthfully, he acts a lot like his father. Obviously too many weekends at dad's has ruined him as he acts like a complete dumbass 90% of the time, crying for attention and food, like I don't have anything better to do! And, like a good mother, I am constantly reminding him that daddy isn't sending any love and obviously it's his fault.

I digress.

So, I'm trying this online dating thing again. So far, only a few takers, which I blame on the other women which obviously either still believe in Glamour Shots or are much more adept at using Photoshop than I. However, I do have one email sitting in my inbox that I'm deciding on replying to. The thing is, and maybe this is just me, I'm not sure if he isn't too cute for me. And while I could pretend that I have the self esteem of Samantha, let's be honest, I don't have that bod or that record. So, what is too hot? He did approach me...so perhaps that provides some leeway. But - there is certainly a part of me that wonders: does he have some sort of fetish? Does he like short girls or ones with really big boobs? Wait, that's every guy. Ok, we're back to short. I'm no midget mind you - but I am severely height challenged. I'm the result of a 5'8" guy and a 5'2" woman. Let's just say the pedigree was working against me from day 1. I had a thought the other day while scaling my kitchen cabinets to reach the second shelf in the top cabinet - wow this will suck when I'm 80.

Anyway...

Here's the other thing with this inbox guy, who we're going to call Bret. Why Bret? Because he's in a tribute band for Poison. Yup, this guy dons a wig and dances around in tight 80's garb and sings Every Rose Has a Thorn. I guess he is at least adding the wig and not walking around daily in white rain styled bandanna held hair with eyeliner. Or at least I don't think so - I'll be sure to let you know if we make it to a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment